WHAT IS A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors perform a wide variety of duties in the Chamber, but their main function is to help promote the Chamber, welcome new Members to the Chamber, and make Chamber events successful and enjoyable for everyone. They are a special group of people who volunteer their time to help promote the Kearney, Missouri business community and support Chamber functions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR
• Has a friendly and positive personality
• Can make people feel comfortable and welcome
• Projects a positive image for their company and/or the Chamber
• Enjoys having fun in a professional environment
• Has confidence to make personal contact with any Chamber member
• Encourages others to become Chamber members
• Volunteers about 2-3 hours a month as an Ambassador
THE AMBASSADOR COMMITMENT
• Participate at monthly Ambassador meetings
• Attend Chamber ribbon cuttings, grand openings, monthly luncheons, programs, and other events
• Refer other businesses to join the Chamber of Commerce
• Assist with member retention
• Greet new Chamber members and introduce them to other members at Chamber events.
• Knowledge of the Chamber, its staff, committees, and benefits
• Act as a contact for new and existing members to help them in how to best utilize their Membership
• Encourage members to attend Chamber events, programs, and get involved
• Sponsor an event or donate items to a Chamber of Commerce event/project
BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE!
• Name and photo on the Ambassador page on the Chamber’s Website
• Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members, meet local business and community leaders
• Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
• Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
• Chance to help the community and show community pride
• Leadership development through enhancement of leadership abilities and skills to take throughout your career