Get the Most from the Chamber Website

There are a number of benefits to being a member of the Kearney Chamber of Commerce, one of which is gaining additional exposure for your business via the website,

Traffic analytics show that the Kearney Chamber website is receiving 92% of visits from people in the local KC area. The other 8% are from outside the metro, but who may be planning to visit or move here. On average, they are spending between 2-3 minutes on the site and are viewing 3-4 pages each time – both of those are great when compared with average internet statistics. The most highly trafficked pages are the homepage (obviously), the business directory, and the event calendar.

So what do all these stats mean to you? That the chamber website is a tool for all members to use, and here’s how you can do it.

Let’s start with what comes with your paid membership. As part of your membership you get a business listing in our online directory. Make sure your listing has all of the correct information, especially the link to your website. Next, submit a short one or two sentence summary of your business. Finally, we can include links to your social media accounts if you have some.

Chamber members also have the ability to submit news updates or press releases, which not only go in the monthly Chamber Chatter newsletter, but can get posted to our website blog. The blog articles can include links back to your site as well as embedded videos. Every new article gets homepage exposure for a short time, and not only can the articles be read by folks who visit the website, but they indexed by Google and the search engines which helps your website’s organic SEO (and can help improve page rankings).

If you are hosting some kind of event or putting on a “happening”, be sure to email the details into the Chamber so that they can be included on the Event Calendar. If you haven’t checked out the calendar – it’s pretty slick. We can include an event description, an image, website links, and even ticket prices. Based on how much web traffic the event calendar gets, it obvious folks are looking for things to do, so be sure your event is included.

Now let’s look at how you can enhance all of that and really make your business stand out:

  • Upgrade your directory listing. For only $25 per year you can add your logo. For an additional $50 you can add more images to your listing (like promotional flyers or coupons). And for $100 per year we can even embed your YouTube video.
  • Buy Banner Ads. We offer the wide horizontal run-of-site banners for $250 per year, and the square block inner-page banners for $150 per year. These banners are getting thousands of impressions each month – you provide the art, we provide the exposure. And be sure to keep them fresh by changing them out frequently (we recommend at least monthly).
  • Become A Crown Member. Crown memberships are available in Platinum, Gold, and Silver levels, and include various combinations of all the above, plus a static banner on the homepage.

For full details on the various advertising and membership packages, visit the Advertising page.

ShoutCloud Studios is a proud member of the Kearney Chamber of Commerce and also a trusted partner who handles our website. They are a full service agency that provides a complete suite of online services designed to grow your business: landing pages, websites, social media marketing, branding, reputation marketing, ad management, and much more. Contact them today for a consultation and learn about how you can grow your business. Visit them at

Subscribe to Our Newsletter