1) Please tell us your title and what you do at Excelsior Springs Hospital.
Sally Nance, CEO
2) How long have you been with them?
3) I know it is so much more than simply a hospital. Please let us know all the other services you provide to the community.
Excelsior Springs Hospital provides services across a continuum of care. We have a 37 unit independent living facility, a 20 bed assisted living facility, a 60 bed nursing facility and a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital. We also have a Home Health and Hospice Agency, Rehabilitation Department and a very busy Outpatient Clinic bringing 13 specialty clinics to the community. The Clinics range from Oncology to Orthopedics to name just a few, and we added a new Imaging Center in 2011. We are affiliated with North Kansas City Hospital and many of our Emergency department physicians are part of the NKCH emergency medicine physician group. We are also very excited to have acquired three physician clinics: Dr. Robert Buzard, Dr. Andrew Pickett, both located in Excelsior Springs and Dr. Kathy Tang-Beltran in Lawson. In March, ESH opened a Health Express Clinic in the Excelsior Springs Price Chopper.
4) The hospital has also won some awards – please share those with us.
The hospital has won the Best Choice Award for Best Hospital, best nursing home, best assisted living and best physician for the last few years.
Additionally, our home health has received the HHCAHPS(Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Honors Award for patient satisfaction. The hospital also received the MEM Safety Award for 2015 for workplace safety. Only 20 of 14,000 businesses received this award in 2015.
5) How many years has Excelsior Springs Hospital been in service?
The hospital has been a continuous hospital since 1904.
6) What would you say is unique about the hospital and its staff?
I believe the difference between our hospital and other local hospitals is the personal touch. Our physicians and staff truly care about our patients and residents. Many hospitals and clinics have developed a corporate mentality, but at Excelsior Springs Hospital we put the patient first.
7) Anything else you’d like to tell us about?
We will continue to grow to meet the needs of Excelsior Springs and surrounding communities